At Astha, we firmly believe that apart from nutritious food, activities are equally important for good mental & physical health of senior citizens. And so at Astha, we conduct the following activities regularly-
- Sports day is organized annually. The inmates enjoy participating in events such as Matki Phod (Breaking the earthen pot), Chair Race, Basket Ball, Gilli Danda, Fast Walk, etc.
- International Senior Citizen’s Day, 1st October is celebrated with great gusto each year. Renowned personalities are invited as chief guests. Seminars, Debate Competition, Speech Competition, etc. are also organized
- Annual Picnic is yet another interesting feature here. So far, we have organized picnics to Omkareshwar, Tirupathi Balaji, etc.
- There are times when we arrange for a musical band to perform in the Ashram.
- Apart from all this, the members/inmates are encouraged to do small chores such as making bed, etc. such that they remain physically & mentally active.
- Some members/ inmates also participate in activities related to the functioning of the Ashram
- Every member of the Ashram is encouraged to participate in the Physiotherapy session conducted each day under the expert supervision of a professional physiotherapist.
- Food & medicines are supplied to bed-ridden patients at their beds. The employees of the Ashram help them apply oil, comb hair & have a bath.
- There is a digital setup box and color TV for the residents of the Ashram
- Indoor games such as Badminton & carom are also available for the inmates
- There is a library where the inmates get to read daily newspapers such as Nai Duniya, Dainik Bhaskar, Raj Express, Patrika, etc. Besides this, the library also has a fine collection of religious & spiritual books. Thus the members always have topics to discuss be it political, religious, spiritual, etc.
- Yoga classes are conducted daily for the inmates
- For mental calm & peace, there is Bhajan singing everyday between 3 – 4 pm
- Members are also encouraged to do gardening such as growing vegetables in the backyard or simply maintaining the garden